Sunday, November 01, 2009

Hi Ho, Hi Ho; It's Back to Work We Go

My husband drew this witch for me many years ago when a bunch of us feminists calling ourselves The International Strike Force of Wired Witches picketed the SPT and ACLU joint dinner for both's discriminating against women. The Times had no women on its flag site; the ACLU had turned down women who wanted the organization to fight the pickets who menaced women when the went into abortion clinics and instead took the case of the right of a one-legged man to dance in public places.

I have made my witch twice her original size. I love her.

My old man has helped me with my women's rights work over the years although I think he would prefer me to be June Cleaver.

Once when I drove up to Georgia to picket the Augusta golf course for not admitting women to membership, my husband surprised me with a sign he bought me, a big sign, and he attached it his Fiver Iron. It said, "Hootie Patootie, Shame on Youtie." Hooty Johnson was the club's manager with four daughters and as bad a sexist as my home state with its many pockets of ignorance can produce.

I still have the sighn propped up against the wall of my bedroom. Life is nothing but memories. lee


From HB 669
…requiring a report on implementation; providing for construction; providing for severability; providing an effective date.

Linda, this requirement appears at the end of the first paragraph of the HB 669 bullying bill. May I have the report filed to comply and any other submissions the board has made to satisfy the requirements of the law, for example the funding applications the law cites.

Thank you. ldd

Secretary of Education Smith:

House Bullying Bill 669 says … Bullying or harassment of any student or school employee of a public K-12 educational institution is prohibited: May I have please as public information the model's suggestions on implementing the bullying for adults employed by the schools. Thank you.


Lee Drury De Cesare

Secretary Smith:

Your office was supposed to have issued a model implementation policy for the schools. I would like a public-information copy of that policy to see how your office handles the school-employee bullying requirement and the way the schools are supposed to handle the adult employees' reporting task. Thank you.

Lee Drury De Cesare

15316 Gulf Blvd. 802

Madeira Beach, FL 33708



No comments: