Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fighting on All Fronts

I went to the board meeting, which I discovered had been set back to five p.m. I went to fight for the The Goader in case La Home-ec Kipley mounted a dirve to fire him.

When I got there, I discovered that the meeting was postponed to five p.m. instead of beginning at the usual 3 p.m. I had to return home to attend to my husband, who is not well.

If Goader needs my help, I am on call. lee


Thank you. I fight because it’s my nature to do so. If I see injustice, I am ready to march.

lee

From: Anonymous [mailto:noreply-comment@blogger.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 5:10 PM
To: tdecesar@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: [Lee Drury De Cesare's Casting-Room Couch] New comment on Fighting on All Fronts.

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Fighting on All Fronts":

Ms. Drury de Casare,

I am writing this because I would like to commend you on your writings posted in regards to the Hillsborough County Public Schools. There is not a stone unturned in your investigations. In particular, the practices of the not so professional, General Manager of Professional Standards, Linda Kipley. Oh, and the great Superintendent of the Year, MaryEllen Elia. I encourage you to keep on with what you do!

Sincerely,
Educ8shelly

Publish this comment.

Reject this comment.

Moderate comments for this blog.

Posted by Anonymous to Lee Drury De Cesare's Casting-Room Couch



Linda, I disagree. I got only the information that I received informally from an anonymous clerk that Hamilton’s name went on his bridge job to retirement before it went on the books. I did not get any other information on this job from you except, I believe, the salary of $140,000. I want to know the rationale for this job as contained in the records; I want to know who applied for it; I want to see the applications; I want to know if the board demanded a rationale for this manufactured job from Ms. Elia and what that rationale was. I want to know if Mr. Gonzalez told the board that jobs created for superfluous administrators did not have to obey the equal-opportunity laws. If he said so in writing, I want to see a copy of that.
I got only the one-page contract on the Hamilton lobbying job that cited its salary of $65,000 a year. I would like to see the accounts of any lobbying he has done since he got this job that include the results for the school system. I also want to know who does Dr. Hamilton’s editing since he has trouble writing a literate sentence and whether the schools pay for this literacy assistance for its $65,000-a-year lobbyist.

ldd

From: Linda Cobbe [mailto:lcobbe@sdhc.us]
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 11:41 AM
To: lee de cesare
Cc: Stephen Hegarty; tgonzalez@tsg-law.com
Subject: Re: Hamilton's gratuitous jobs

I have already complied with this request by providing you with all of the information related to Jim Hamilton's previous and current relationships with the school district. If you are unable to locate those records, you can find them again by doing a search on the school board agenda webpage using his name or HBEC.

Linda E. Cobbe
External Communications Manager
Hillsborough County Public Schools
901 E. Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33602
813-272-4602 (O)
813-493-6964 (C)
813-272-4510 (F)

Our mission is to provide an education that enables each student to excel as a successful and responsible citizen.


"lee de cesare" writes:
Linda, I would like to have the paper record of the last two jobs Jim Hamilton has had with the schools: the ones Ms. Elia apparently invented for him alone and that the board subsequently approved without discussing them.



The first was the administrative position that Ms. Elia produced for him that he occupied from retirement to the time he got the second invented job: the lobbyist sinecure in Tallahassee.



These data include job description, pay range, date it was offered, list of applicants and where I can review their applications, board discussion of the job if any and approval date.



Thank you,



Lee Drury De Cesare

From: Anonymous [mailto:noreply-comment@blogger.com]
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 10:15 PM
To: tdecesar@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: [Lee Drury De Cesare's Casting-Room Couch] New comment on Mount a Blog To Change the World.

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Mount a Blog To Change the World":

Lee-
You need to touch base with Goader--he has one of those meetings with a favorite of yours--Kipley.He will be made an example--probably at the SB meeting tomorrow.Kipley told him not one case has been successful in remaining employed ( with reputation intact) in her 8 years. Please, help!
Pam

Publish this comment.

Reject this comment.

Moderate comments for this blog.

Posted by Anonymous to Lee Drury De Cesare's Casting-Room Couch at 7:14 PM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ms. Drury de Casare,

I am writing this because I would like to commend you on your writings posted in regards to the Hillsborough County Public Schools. There is not a stone unturned in your investigations. In particular, the practices of the not so professional, General Manager of Professional Standards, Linda Kipley. Oh, and the great Superintendent of the Year, MaryEllen Elia. I encourage you to keep on with what you do!

Sincerely,
Educ8shelly

Anonymous said...

Just great! They keep Pole Girl Faliero, but they want to fire Goader for something. Why?