Monday, March 22, 2010

The Chickens Have Come Home To Roost

Outside Florence on the way to see David

Folks:

Today I received a letter from the Office of Civil Rights of the U.S. Department of Education telling me that I can file a discrimination charge against the school district of Hillsborough County based on Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972;Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.

I have to look up a couple of these acts on the Web to see if several of the cases of discrimination I have become aware of by the board fit. Then I will work on the text of the file and will post it.

This is a satisfying outcome from my queries to the Federal government about discrimination practiced by the Hillsborough County schools administration and board.

Tom Gonzalez has maintained when I brought these issues up that the schools were not liable to those laws. That was either a deliberate or an ignorant lie from a man who makes the highest salary of any board attorney in the state: $275,000 a year of tax money while he moonlights at other places such as USF.

I have a granddaughter entering high school this year. Her name is Savannah. When I asked her what she would major in in college, she said she "wanted to train herself to 'so something to help people.'"

I hope Savannah goes to law school and prepares herself to do civil-rights law. It's a rich field. There is much injustice all around us. Savannah can do a great deal to help people in that field. lee
lee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great news! The school board and district are so corrupt and criminal that they deserve this. Without a law degree you are able to clean Gonzalez's clock. He must be a lousy lawyer.

Vox Populi said...

lee let me know if you need help with research. This IS good news !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Made my day. Of COURSE you have standing. Tom's a dolt. I told you he sent me threatening emails through an intermediary. Big baby.