Sunday, April 12, 2009

Catching Up with Readers




Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Missing in Action but Still Alive":

Glad to have you back! I enjoy your commentary a great deal. Now onto another issue that has been irking me: sexism and ageism in the work place (particularly male administrators treatment of "older" or "younger" female teachers). Your thoughts on the issue?


My Lord, I agree with you. I have fought sexism for the last 45 years. I marched with Friedan in Foley Square before the law courts in NYC. I applauded Germaine Greer when she zapped Noman Mailer, that sexist twit, on stage in NYC in a feminist smackdown. I posed with beautiful Gloria in the sixties in Houston at the national women's conference. When I came back to Tampa from that conference, the Rotaray or some such male sweat lodge invited me to speak. They want to kill me when I got on stage. They were foaming-at-the-mouth mad that the government had spent money to stage a conference on women--good only for kitchen drudgery and having babies for the warrior class or as its recreation in prostitutional endeavors. I founded Tampa NOW forty-five years ago, and we picketed, picketed, picketed any sexist thing that moved. Those were the glory days of the Women's Movement. It's now turned into a stable player in the Chamber-of- Commerce mode.


I send in my dues, but my heart is not in it any more.

Connie Mileto called me "an elderly female" in her pitifully inept response to my criticism of Hamilton's giving her the Tallahasse government- representastive job instead of its going to a qualified candidate with credentials superior to that of a kindergarten teacher only savvy enough to flatter an old geezer into promoting her past better people. This elderly female, who pays taxes for the salary of this no-fool-like-an-old-fool operator, mopped up the floor with La Connita in a posted riposte.

I just discovered that my Microsoft Outlook mail program is parking my "anonymous" emails in the spam file. I believe I have rescued all of them and published them. If yours is not somewhere in the published files, give me a holler. I like to hear your opinions.

To the fellow who wrote me about the Dasinger Report: I believe I have it in my court files for Mr. Erwin. I have written him and asked for copies of his files for the trial. I think I may have a book in the making with the Erwin situation its center and all board and administration thugs as the Greek chorus of scofflaws. I will flesh out the moral and even criminal activities of the board and administration that continue today in various forms. lee



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is chilling to the bone to discover that school board members look the other way concerning abuse of taxpayer dollars. I wonder why the Tampa Trib and St. Pete Times does not write about their criminal neglect of what is going on under their noses.

twinkobie said...

I think both papers' record of recording abuse at the board and administration level is negligible at best.

The board over here in Pinellas is no day at the beach. The administration was headed by that guy whose thesis didn't pass muster I have ir onlin; I have forgotten his name. A woman at Suncoast Tiger Bay jumped on me for questioning the writing ability of "our superintendent." He has moved on into private industry--one of those testing publishers. I don't know whom the board picked to replace him. Most likely a turkey.

The level of people who run for school boards is discouraging. They don't seem to have the students' and teachers' welfare at heart. I think they run to take free trips on the taxpayers' dime and to make out that they are very important people. I don't see one on the Hillsborough County board who shows any moral purpose or any intelligence in picking out problems to correct or any ability to follow through on a problem. They are just a disastrous bunch of people whom Elia moves around at will. They pretend they don't see anything wrong when you bring it to their attention. I am beginning to feel like Mr. Erwin must have done. lee

At the Times, Publisher Tash's wife is a current teacher; his parents were both teachers. You would think he would be intersted in teachers' welfare. I cc him and the Tribune publisher often. Do the same yourself: ask the question that you ask in this posting. I wonder as well as you do. le