Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Mysteries of Life

The first baby in Tampa NOW is a gynecologist now in California. She is taller than her tall mother and so beautiful that it makes your heart hurt.

My lord, this reader is right. That guy has his hand on Juliet's statue's breast. I wish that I had noted his sexism. I would have descended upon him and beat the living daylights out of the cur. lee

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "You Never Run Out of Cess Pools to Clean Up at the...":

It is funny how you like that picture of Juliet with the guy in the background grabbing her breast!

Publish this comment.

Reject this comment.

Moderate comments for this blog.

Posted by Anonymous to Lee Drury De Cesare's Casting-Room Couch at 3:50 AM

Today I had a kerfuffle with my only son--a NASA engineer who used to help the slow students in our South Tampa neighborhood of Beach Park by coaching them in physics. I always wanted at least one other son, but this one is all I got in the y-chromosome child department.


And, listen to this, he is a Republican. Lord, lord what did this Democrat mother do wrong? His father is a Republican, but even he did not vote for Bush and is now an ardent fan of Obama.



After we had discussed what new my two grandsons are doing (my son's darling wife is Phillippine, so my two grandsons look like Keanu Reeves), my son held forth on his resistance to the $7 billion-dollar bailout of the financial industry. Most citizens are against it, but unless we want the financial markets to melt and there be no lending to small business and citizens, then we have to accept this ugly deal.


But my son was having nothing of this approach. I said there would be 20 percent unemployment if we did not rescue the financial industry from the Republican turd bank presidents who brought this on us (I read a piece in the NYT that says that the AIG arm in London had sold labyrinthine financial instruments that nobody understands and was billions in arrears as a result; not only that, but all the employees made at least a million dollars a year in salary), and the government has already bailed out AIG; I pointed out that the bank presidents with their bloated salaries lent money to people who they knew didn't qualify. I made the best case I could for the bail-out because I said Warren Buffet said this morning that we had to bail out the shits who got us into this mess to keep the country from imploding.


My engineer, physics-savvy son stood firm. "No, ma," he said. "You are wrong. You don't understand the long-term consequences of this." And thusly the conversation continued as we sat in the back-yard patio of my youngest child's house in Beach Park with my grandchildren's splashing in the pool and the chocolate Lab dog that my daughter bought for her husband for his birthday diving into the pool with a gigantic splash to chase a ball the children taunted her with and coming back to shake water all over the company.


I don't know how this financial situation will turn out for our country, but I know I will be down at the school board the next meeting to harrangue the incompetent colluders on the board about the fact that they sat like idols as Elia passed by them on the consent ask-no-questions agenda conveyor belt her creation of two featherbedding jobs for her buddy Dr. James Hamilton (doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're") at $140,000 and $65,000--the second a sinecure of lobbyist gadabout in Tallahassee after retirement so that he is a double dipper in the tax payers' money pot as is Dr. Lamb and Ms. Edgecomb).



We can't solve the conundrum of how un-regulated Walstreet and banking cowboys wrecked the credit markets or, indeed, What is the meaning of life?


But we can show up at the local school board to harrangue the county board villains who said on the stump when they were running for the board that they would improve the schools, not collude with the greedy administrators who feed off them. lee


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Dr. James Hamilton (doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're") at $140,000 and $65,000"

Yes, homophones can be tricky.

I made the best case I could for the bale-out

Does he know that "thus" is already an adverb?

And thusly the conversation