Monday, March 03, 2008


Listen up, Thursday-Tribune meeting people: The time Thursday has to be 3:30 for the publisher. So those who can, make it as near that time as possible.


But there is good news for us. The Tribune publisher is eager to talk to the community's teachers. The Tribune and the whole community values its teachers. I always knew that. I am a mother and had four children in the South Tampa schools. I know how a family feels about its children's teachers.


I have appointed Fred Burns as our Tribune-publisher liaison. Email Fred and let him know when you will be available for a meeting with the publisher.


And do this for PR purposes: Write a note to Palmer@tampatribune.com and tell her that you are grateful for this meeting and hope that there can be another one that you can attend in terms of time. That's good manners and good PR. Tell her that you believe that to give a balanced view of the schools the teachers should be heard from the most important news organ in the community, the Tribune. Say that you hope this will be on ongoing activity, that it is important to education.


We will rely on Fred to convene subsequent meetings. Let's make this a tradition. I think the Tribune opinion side of the newspaper is eager to hear from teachers. lee






Posted by Anonymous to Lee Drury De Cesare's Casting-Room Couch at 2:32 PM

From: Anonymous [mailto:noreply-comment@blogger.com]
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2008 5:33 PM
To: tdecesar@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: [Lee Drury De Cesare's Casting-Room Couch] New comment on Folks: I just got a call from Ms. Chachere about ....

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post " Folks: I just got a call from Ms. Chachere about ...":

Many teachers that planned on coming don't get off any earlier than about 3:30 or 4:00. I wish we could have been able to keep the 4:30 meeting. I am out by Pasco; I wouldn't get their until about 4:45 or even later... Can I leave my concerns with you in a private email or should I contact the Tribune myself. If so, who must I contact? Thank you, Lee, for all you do.

Publish this comment.

Reject this comment.

Moderate comments for this blog.

Posted by Anonymous to Lee Drury De Cesare's Casting-Room Couch at 2:32 PM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/mar/03/na-let-free-speech-reign-at-school-board/

Lee, this is very good news...