Sunday, November 23, 2008

OK: Let's Have Some Ideas




From: cable guy [mailto:noreply-comment@blogger.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2008 9:08 PM
To: tdecesar@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: [Lee Drury De Cesare's Casting-Room Couch] New comment on Another Teacher Crucifixion.

cable guy has left a new comment on your post "Another Teacher Crucifixion":

If we support the notion that crucifixions are associated with Christians, perhaps we can make a case that the district has crossed the line between church and state!

Give "the Gonz" something to keep him busy.

Publish this comment.

Reject this comment.

Moderate comments for this blog.

Posted by cable guy to Lee Drury De Cesare's Casting-Room Couch at 6:07 PM

OK. I am ready to move on this suggestion. Give me some ideas on what to do to keep the Gonz busy. I can always file another charge against him with the Bar Association. Put on your thinking hats and come up with some ideas. What about a charge against him with the Florida Bar for failing to teach Pole Girl the necessary Roberts Rules to lead the board? lee
________________________________________________________

From: Thomas Vaughan [mailto:vaughan88@verizon.net]
Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2008 9:02 PM
To: tdecesar@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: Email to all

Lee

I sent the following to board members, CTA, Ms. Elia, the two reporters you suggested and Gov Crist

Intimidation of teachers is NOT isolated to Alafia. I believe it is endemic and an integral part of the culture here. April Griffin acknowledged as much in response to her being threatened with removal. I am under attack as well and would like to share my story with you.

While discussing a contract violation in my Principals office in my capacity as CTA building rep, I was shown a document that indicated I had missed 18.5 days of school. First of all, this was an inappropriate time to discuss this. We were meeting as equals and any discussion of my employment should be discussed at a time other than when I am representing the legally constituted bargaining agent for the teachers of Hllsborough County.

My Principal knows full well that I have suffered serious significant health problems since the start of the year. I underwent two shock wave lithotripsy procedures on two different occasions in an attempt to treat excruciatingly painful kidney stones in both of my kidneys. In September I went to my doctor complaining of shortness of breath and mild chest pains whereupon he sent me straight to the emergency room. I was admitted and stayed for 3 days. I underwent a cardiac catherization and a pulmonary function test. I was eventually diagnosed with lung disease. Last week, I underwent a screening procedure for cancer of the colon that was canceled when I went into the hospital. These procedures were far from routine and each required general anesthesia, two of which required intubation. My point is, I had very good reason to be absent. When I asked if she wanted documentation she said that it was not necessary, that she knew of my health issues but that she was "required" to point out the numbers of absences and that I was not in trouble and she was just following instructions and that there were "plenty" of other teachers at Tomlin having similar conversations with her regarding the same issue.

Fast forward to this Friday. I received a memo from my principal in my school mailbox (visible to all) stating that because of my "excessive" absences and the "concern" she related to me earlier, I am to receive an early evaluation. As I pointed out earlier, there was no mention of a "concern" in our original conversation, in fact, my principal acknowledged that I has good reason to be out of work and that I was not in trouble and implying that mentioning my absences was a mere formality.

My questions are this:

Why is this now a "concern"?
Why are my absences now deemed "excessive:?
How will the early evaluation alley her "concerns"?
Why the change in attitude?

I can only answer the last question. It is clear to me that my principal was told to do this. What I can only speculate on is why I was singled out. I think I know why I am being singled out. If anyone is interested in why a successful teacher with 15 years of experience is being treated in this manner, please respond to me email and I will be honored to meet you anytime at your convenience.

Thomas Vaughan



Good. Attack. Don’t wait to be attacked. I like what one of the Civil War generals said (Sherman, I think): “Enemies in front of us; enemies behind us; enemies to the left of us; enemies to the right of us. Situation excellent. We attack at dawn.”


lee



1 comment:

PRO On HCPS said...

PRO on HCPS: The Office Of Civil Rights Loves Group Complaints

The one with the most convincing paper trail wins.