Friday, January 16, 2009

Misuse of Hitler Analogy

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Misuse of Hitler Analogy":

I think school board members who allow a guy like Erwin to be crucified would have participated in Nazi Germany with a zeal. I think Lee's comparison to Hitler is right on target.

Publish this comment.

Reject this comment.

Moderate comments for this blog.

Posted by Anonymous to Lee Drury De Cesare's Casting-Room Couch at 9:54 PM



From: Anonymous [mailto:noreply-comment@blogger.com]
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2009 6:03 AM
To: tdecesar@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: [Lee Drury De Cesare's Casting-Room Couch] New comment on Mystery, Mystery.

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Mystery, Mystery":

As the child of Holocaust survivors, I can tell you, Lee, that in most cases, when you compare people to Hitler and the Nazis, you undermine your argument. The likely-corruption and probable-power grabs of the school administration are no where near as deplorable as that of the Nazis. The analogy is so out of balance that it loses its effectiveness.

Publish this comment.

Reject this comment.

Moderate comments for this blog.

Posted by Anonymous to Lee Drury De Cesare's Casting-Room Couch at 3:02 AM

I can’t remember where I invoked Hitler, but I agree with your assessment of the misuse of the Hitler analogy.

I read the leading Holocaust scholar’s books on the Holocaust (I can’t recall his name and have passed on the two books to a historian friend): the first on the Nazis’ absorbing the whole country of Germany into the death enterprise and the second on the Jews’ response—especially that of the Jewish Councils, etc.

Those books hit you right in the gut. They bring into focus the question of why Jews are the automatic scapegoat worldwide. I cheer when Israel fights back as it never did before, although I feel sad for the Arabs too.

I think evil exists on a continuum: the old one-to-ten analogy will have to do. Hitler is off the chart, but the board and administration of Hillsborough County’s schools must get at least a one. They not only steal power and money and influence, but they corrupt the society in which they are supposed to be a powers for good by leading the holy enterprise of education.

The HC gang is petty crooks, but they are crooks none the less. If one reads the Erwin files, he or she comes away with the assessment that the crooks are entrenched, that the malignant ethos of leadership endures, and the ethos has invaded the root structure and taken up residence in the very DNA of the school system.

I don’t think I have anything more important to do than to fight the HCC thugs for a better future for my ten grandchildren. Had I been in Germany during the Hitler regime, I would have been killed on Day One in medias protest.

One old priest is the only recorded protester of the Holocaust according to the above author. The poor old idealistic duffer got whacked around and sent to Auschwitz. I would rather have taken an immediate bullet than to have gone to Auschwitz. lee

This reader has a Jesuitical mind. He or she has maneuvered me into a top dog. Woof Woof Woof. lee

From: Anonymous [mailto:noreply-comment@blogger.com]
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2009 4:01 AM
To: tdecesar@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: [Lee Drury De Cesare's Casting-Room Couch] New comment on The Boys Have Stopped Playing Marbles.

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "The Boys Have Stopped Playing Marbles":

Again I ask how and when I have defended them. Does not supporting Lee mean I support the top dogs? If I hate butter do I automatically like margarine?

Publish this comment.

Reject this comment.

Moderate comments for this blog.

Posted by Anonymous to Lee Drury De Cesare's Casting-Room Couch at 1:00 AM


This reader has a Jesuitical mind. He or she has maneuvered me into top-dog status. Woof. Woof. lee


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think school board members who allow a guy like Erwin to be crucified would have participated in Nazi Germany with a zeal. I think Lee's comparison to Hitler is right on target.