Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Bring in the Clowns

I received the following on the May 20th board meeting on the 20th. This comes from a savvy school employee I believe.

I had to leave early because I had had to arise at 5 to go to Tampa to be an usher at the Obama rally at the Sports Palace. I didn't go because I didn't feel top of the line when I arose. A friend and I are going to the convention in August and now are trying to figure a way to get into the Florida delegate section on the night of Obama's acceptance speech. lee


Subject: Board meeting thoughts

Really stupid LONG moment of silence at the board meeting. Really long. That was like 2 minutes of silence!

They give a handicapped man a standing ovation to feel good about themselves. Meanwhile, they should be doing right by ALL students and employees.

Valdez did ask for the guidelines about employees being hired. Valdez says there is a separation of powers in the district. I bet you won't find a single person in the district who truly believes that. I think that was Susan's attempt to bring up employee hirings.

Everyone beats around the bush discussing employee qualifications and experience. They were all talking about Tom Kipley, but they avoided saying his name and talking about the exact issue at hand. They love to beat around the bush and avoid identifying the elephant in the room.

I think that is ridiculous. Why not come out and talk about the
exact issue? It is bizaare that they do not. Linda Kipley smiled at
the end of that.

Olson has a dumb pillow on her chair. She must be physically hurt. She needs to do better exercise. The pillow looks really dumb, b/c it makes her look lazy. I would just tolerate any discomfort for a few hours.

I notice that all they ever do is defend the administrators. It is so ridiculous.

Jack Davis actually held his ground with Candy and she shut up! I am surprised! Candy was asking when they would have a procedure to mark laptops which belong to the district. Jack Davis said that for every solution there is a new problem and that if there is a big emblem on the laptops, there are covers people can buy that stretch over them, etc. Candy said she wished he hadn't just told the thieves how to take the laptops. He countered that it is advertised on TV already. She then
decided to end the conversation.

The head nutrition lady couldn't answer Candy about what the income for a 4 person family should be to qualify for free lunch. (I think the average family of four in the area has a yearly income of $34,000. Jennifer Falliera complained about not being able to raise two children on eight thousand dollars more than than that, the board's bloated salary. The $34,000 is also the beginning of the teachers' salary scale I believe. If
The Pole Girl hadn't excused her husband from child support to get him to keep mum on her adultery, she would have had enough money. Then Marc Hart gave me the deposition proving the adultery.
) I would think this woman could cite a round about number, since she is in charge of lunches.

Candy says that canned fruits are just as nutritious as fresh fruit!!!! She also claims to prefer apples and
fresh fruit. It doesn't look like she prefers those things.

Elia started coughing and had to get up and go off screen. Probably choking on her gall.

Doretha questioned Gretchen Saunders big time about some business thing I didn't fully understand. It looks like something about pricing was mishandled, and Gretchen seemed visibly shaken by Doretha's questioning. Faliero tried to shut up Doretha. Doretha continued but hurried. April then pushed her button and disagreed with Faliero.

Faliero decided on a break to avoid the whole thing. Interesting.

You have their number. You really do. I think they are just blatantly ignoring what is "right" b/c they simply don't want to admit they are wrong. It is like talking to a brick wall. They will never change their ways. I am now convinced of that. They think they are right.

They can do no wrong, and even when they face how things are messed up, they deny and cover for the administrators. It is very, very sad.

Mark Klutho looks hilarious!!!! Linda Kipley looks disgusted by him.

Her whole desire in life is to appear elegant and professional, two things she IS NOT......so she can NOT relate to Mark Klutho's desire to look like a kook. He called them "fools" and "scoundrels".....which is funny! He corrected Elia's and Candy's grammar!!!! LOL I love it!!!

He tells them they should be locked up and put in jail. I love it!!!

I must admit that Mr. Klutho is an admirer of mine. I am the femme fatale of radical men. Jim Faire was a fan too. Before he died, he used to follow me around Tallahassee like a shadow. I guess I should have been flattered, but I was too young to value the compliment. lee

To: Linda.Kipley@sdhc.k12.fl.us
From: Lee Drury De Cesare
Date: May 21, 2008
Subject: Public Information on Thomas James Kipley Hiring

Ms. Cobbe, I need the applications of the fifteen internal candidates for the accountant job to evaluate the hiring process. Although Mr. Valdes was emphatic as well as prolix in his defending the choice of Mr. Thomas James Kipley, I still do not understand how Ms. Linda Kipley's husband's lack of a college degree and lack of defined accounting experience beat that of applicant Mr. Taghreed Elgendi Salem, for example, who got his college degree in accounting in 1979 and has worked full-time as an accountant since 11/12/03. Why that experience and his earned degree does not trump no college degree and only an accounting/sales rep background of Mr. Thomas James Kipley, Ms. Linda Kipley's spouse. I have doubts about how much the "/accountant" part of his job dealt in the abstruse accounting knowledge this school-board job seems to require.

In addition, the job application emphasizes the need to write in a clear, concise manner" and that the candidate must have "strong...organizing work paper procedures of documentation and writing procedural manuals and final reports."

I got no writing samples with the four candidates whose applications I reviewed. I would like to see those for all the 19 applicants."

In addition, I would like to see the results of the tests that the 19 applicants must have undergone to demonstrate knowledge of the abstruse computer programs listed in "D. Computer Skills."

As broad as the skills for this job are, I am surprised it starts at only $34,000. That is the same pitifully low salary a beginning teacher makes.

I love foreward to receiving these materials.

lee drury de cesare



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can bet that in 5 years you will find Tom Kipley making $120,000 as friends promote him over and over in a short span of time. It would be interesting for someone to remember to watch this guy's career in the school district.