Thursday, February 28, 2008


From: Anonymous [mailto:noreply-comment@blogger.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 10:17 PM
To: tdecesar@tampabay.rr.com
Subject: [Lee Drury De Cesare's Casting-Room Couch] New comment on My ten grandchildren: they will pass down through ....

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "My ten grandchildren: they will pass down through ...":

I think you are being insulting to people who live in trailer parks!

Publish this comment.

Reject this comment.

Moderate comments for this blog.


Posted by Anonymous to Lee Drury De Cesare's Casting-Room Couch at 7:16 PM


Dear Anonymous: Yes I did, and I am sticking to it. I grew up poor and have no illusions about the romance of poverty. I also say things such as "Palm Beach overdressed snobs." I hit both ends of the economic spectrum.


I decline to become a verbal eunuch for anybody. If I hit on a metaphor that delights me, I use it. If I invoke an old metaphor like "trailer-part trash," it's because I judge it expresses my meaning.


You can't tie a writer's hands and expect anything but rhetorical mush. I decline to have my hands tied when I pull up to the CRT screen. lee

No comments: