Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Stomping on the First Amendment



I am still around, and I have not abandoned my newly designed blog. Interestingly, after writing “Cruel and Unusual Punishment” the long arm of the district’s upper management reached out to give me a swat. They were none too pleased with that installment of the “Felony” series. When I say, “give me a swat,” I mean, through a third party, they actually contacted me by telephone to express their displeasure. I was encouraged to cease writing about that subject. For the moment, I have assuaged to their demands.

This above comment by
Goader-Steve Kemp-shows the administration and board's either ignorance of the First Amendment or contempt for it. In any event, the ROSSAC Nazis don't think citizens and members of the public have a right to it when discussing the schools.

Jennifer
Falliero goes bonkers when she gets a gavel in her hand: drunk with power. I saw her threaten to throw April Griffin out of the board room when Griffin asked for the newly revised traveling-money rules be waived so that she could go on a romp somewhere at the taxpayers' expense. You would think she would have better sense than request waiving of the travel-money rules that had been so abused in the previous year that even the somnolent press woke up and wrote about the scandal.

This request got a hostile response from La Falliero, egged on by Dr. Hamilton, who sat beside La
Jennifer and coached her on how to madden Griffith. I have never seen these two exercised about anything that involves matters besides themselves. They don't scream about problems in the schools or abuse of the teachers by Elia et al.

In fact, when Steve Kemp's eight-month probation term came up, the board lapsed into obvious ennui during the discussion that suggested, "Why are we wasting our valuable time discussing the abuse of a mere teacher? I am
interested only in things that involve me, me, me, me."

At the beginning of Board Member Falliero's incumbency as chair shortly after her in-school adultery had been spread about, she and the chief of the
ROSSAC prison guards threw me out of the board room. The charge was that I had violated protocol by speaking someone's name at the podium.

Tom Gonzalez, ever prepared to cover illegal behavior of board members with
faux-legal gloss, said later that my speaking someone's name might "violate the person's privacy." Tom Gallagher cares about as much about violating a person's privacy as he cares about the scandal of his holding the lawyer perch for 37 years, which his firm got on a good ol' boy handshake.

La Chair Jennifer was getting back at me for outing her adultery on my blog. I knew that. I acted well. I did not do cartwheels in a rage and show my underwear.

The sequel to this was that Tom Gallagher tried to give Ms. Falliero an understanding of the First Amendment in a between-board-meetings session. He started out, I wager, "Now once upon a time
there were these three bears who lived in the ROSSAC building...." He wanted to keep her attention. Hers can be grabbed with a story she knows and understands like "The Three Bears." Chair Jennifer demonstrated the effectiveness of this lecture by opining from her chair position the next board meeting that "Mr. Gonzalez has taught me that the First Amendment means that people can come before the board and say any mean thing they want to."

That's right. People can. And people should if they don't want elected officials to morph into royalty. Power corrupts. We know this from the board's savaging of Mr. Erwin and teachers. And we know it from their regal airs on the podium and pissing away tax money to fly around the country on larks with a hey nonny nonny.

This continual administration problem with recognizing that teachers have free-speech rights gets exposure in the crude phone call to Goader from the administration to shut him up about a topic he discussed on his blog.

In addition to ignoring Steve's free-speech rights, this call suggests coercion in its premise that if Goader wants to go back into the classroom cleared of the trumped-up charge of child abuse that the sheriff threw out, he must muzzle his blog or better discontinue it. I see the quid pro
quo of blackmail in that free-speech-squashing call. The administration will swap him his blog for his right for a return to the classroom. Pretty crude, isn't it? Pretty stinking awful, in fact. These administrators are moral and ethical brutes who can't make their subjects agree with their verbs. Fie upon them, I say.

I don't know what Steve Kemp means when he says he "assuaged" the administration's demands. I hope he used the word without knowing its full meaning. I hope he digs in his heels and does not abandon his blog. lee

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Why are we wasting our valuable time discussing the abuse of a mere teacher? I am interested only in things that involve me, me, me, me."


You are so right in the above statements. That is exactly how the board members think, but they don't think they do. They believe they are doing the right thing at all time, but the fact that they have to pat each other on the back and constantly bring up the cracker jack awards the board and district win shows that they know deep down inside that they are not doing what is right. Bragging about cracker jack awards is an attempt to cover up.

Thomas Vaughan said...

Steve is a decent guy who is job scared. They know that. The woman who is currently in the gunsights is scared too. I dont blame either of them but their fear in not justified. The only way to avoid the loss of their jobs is to fight them.

I wish he hadn't censored himself.

Lee De Cesare is a loud obnoxious thorn in their side and the very best friend we teachers have. I am done with "working behind the scenes". It will get us no where.

You may not agree with Lee's tactics but is it really worse than rolling over and letting them stomp on your rights?

Ok...maybe she bothers some people with her grammar criticism. So what? What is wrong with good grammar? Its really all in fun. She hasn't attacked my poor grammar because she's given up on me.

Have you read the nasty disgusting garbage written by her enemies? Who are those people? Why are they attacking her? Have you seen the doctored photo one of them uses? I don't get it, why are they being so gratuitously mean? What purpose does it serve?

Anonymous said...

And notice how they don't ever comment on her content.....what kind of person tries to knock down someone who is fighting for the Little Man? Who on earth believes the people at the top should not have their feet held to the fire? They like big salaries, so with that big salary comes tons of responsibility and lots of criticism.

John__D said...

I've responded here, Thomas.

http://antigrammargrinch.blogspot.com/2009/04/if-you-cant-work-it-out-youre-stupid.html

John__D said...

>They like big salaries, so with that big salary comes tons of responsibility and lots of criticism.<

It's all relative. The minute that some lowly paid factory-worker parent says that of a schoolteacher, you'll let me know, right?