Wednesday, March 25, 2009

When You Are Being Deprived of Your Rights, Go to the People Who Are Supposed to Protect Them


Jeffrey Tignor
Consumer Inquiries and Complaint Division
Federal Communications Commission
445 12th Street SW
Washington, DC 20554
3/25/2009

Dear Mr. Tignor:

The Hillsborough County School Board has a program on the Education Channel that televises the board meeting including a citizen comment at the end.

The accompanying letter will outline what the problem is: This Education Channel is editing out my appearance in the board’s public meetings. I believe that the board members do not like my criticism of them and have instructed the station to edit me out.

Please considedr this a formal complaint objecting to abridgement of my free-speech rights. I believe that the Hillsborough County School Board, which members took an oath of office to uphold the Constitution, bears chief responsibility for the unconstitutional act as public officials.

Please keep me apprised of the progress of my complaint.

Lee Drury De Cesare
15316 Gulf Boulevard 802
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
tdecesar@tampabay.rr.com

c: Governor Crist
Senator Mel Martinez
Senator Bill Nelson
Congressman Bill Young

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You seem to get censored a lot. You speak the truth. When you spoke at HCC BOT meeting, I heard that HCC administrators had advance warning you were coming, and had their AV supervisor disable PA system. When you spoke at meeting, no one in audience heard you. Sounds like Education Channel caved in.