Friday, July 04, 2008

Board Member Olson's Deportment



My husband's citation stone for hanging in so long as mayor of Madeira Beach. Before suffering as mayor, he was a council person for several years.

He served beyond the call of duty and quit because a new bunch of council people came in and wanted to throw their weight around and fired our city attorney, who was the best we ever had, so Tom quit. Not all elected officials are rotten.

Tom is now the hero of the town and of Suncoast Tiger Bay's elected-official members. I am known as the crazy wife who gets booed at Tiger Bay for asking inconvenient questions. My most recent slur was from a guy who ran up to me when I insulted the head of the anti-Hispanic border patrol renegades.

I walked over to him and said, "What did you say to me, sir?"

"I want you to know that I am a New York City lawyer, and I hate you."

"Which of the crime families sent you out for pizza for lunch on court days?" I asked.

Don't let these uncivilized characters disturb you. Just hit back with the snappiest riposte you can think of. All the ladylike women I know follow that protocol.

"Why's a good fellow like that put up with a crackpot like her?" my detractors ask each other.

Love, romance, Quinvere and Lancelot, four children, ten grandchildren, a Georgia girl who can make a pot of chicken and dumplings fitten' to eat" is the answer.

They better be glad my old man's hearing has gone South, or they would get a punch in the puss from my old knight who sleeps in a NY Yankes tee-shirt. lee


To: candy.olson@sdhc.k12.fl.us; doretha.edgecomb@sdhc.k12.fl.us; april.griffin@sdhc.k12.fl.us; jack.lamb@sdhc.k12.fl.us; jennifer.falliero@sdhc.k12.fl.us; doretha.edgecomb@sdhc.k12.fl.us; Susan Valdes; Linda Kipley; Mary.Lavandera@sdhc.k12.fl.us

Cc: marillynbrown@tampatribune.com; rosemarygoudreau@tampatribune.com; Letitiastein@sptimes.com

Subject: messages from readers on my blog several days ago

Ms. Olson: I received the following two messages on my blog CastingRoomCouch from readers a few days ago. I thought the name Christina Butler sounded familiar. Then a friend reminded me about the school’s sending a child home for her insisting that she was right about the untoward relationship Butler was having with a male student. I think I wrote the board members a rebuke for allowing a child to be punished by sending her home for insisting that she was telling the truth.

The two people below seem emphatic about the comments they make on you, and they represent unethical behavior engaged in by you that cast no honor on the board or yourself. I would like to know if Ms. Kipley butted into the matter and whether she did so on her own volition or on your prompting or Ms. Elia’s. And is engaging in that conduct how she gets her husband hired without a college degree, not even one in home ec against qualified candidates who competed for the job.

I am sure my readers would like to know if the background story about the DUI cover-up is accurate and whether you or Ms. Elia told Kipley to put pressure on a school worker to be quiet about the DUI favors swap. That seems plausible since Ms. Elia and the board have little respect for a person’s First Amendment rights. I got kicked out of the board room by the adulterous chair Falliero for uttering a name, an ad hoc rule she made up because of my revealing the school-based adultery initiated b y her, adultery which accompanied her breaking up the marriage of Mr. Hart and the subsequent misery of his two young children. The board had no objection to tolerating adultery of a fellow board member and even considered it no impediment to her being board chair, although most of the children’s parents certainly would.

Please comment on both your detractors’ remarks, ma’am .The voters have a right to the truth or falsity of this story. Another friend who works in the schools says you are notorious for befriending people in such ways. If so, that’s an unethical habit for a board member.

Lee drury de cesare

maryworth said...

It should not be surprising that the media has paid little attention to the teacher sex scandal concerning Christina Butler, the former stripper hired at Middleton, as it was most likely Candy Olsen who pulled strings to find her that job. A good friend of mine, an English teacher who was threatened by Kipley to shut up about it, connected the dots on this one. Olsen apparently did it as a favor for someone who years ago covered up her own daughter's D.U.I. while a student at Plant H.S. This teacher apparently dated the girl who covered up the D.U.I. and was best friends with Butler. The folks downtown are more afraid of the Butler situation than anything.

7:03 AM

Anonymous

Anonymous said...

This wouldn't surprise me a bit. Olson is as corrupt as they come. She does favors for friends and people she doesn't think can help her get a kick in the shins or ignored if they ask her for help. She is the epitome of the Good Ol' Boy personality. She is an example of the type of people that keep the status quo. If she sold clothing and found out the clothes were made in a third world country by slave children she would cash the check for her millions in the bank anyway. What a waste of a human being! Mother Teresa would have barfed if she met such a person!

I admire the vivid diction my readers exhibit. lee

11:22 PM

Addendum from the day after the 4th and fireworks that you would not believe on the beach:


6 comments:

PRO On HCPS said...

Lee: You and I should get together someday.

You obviously have a knack for conceptualizing the pathology of both the individuals and the systemic dynamics that attribute to the dysfunction of the Hillsborough County Public School District.

I will admit that following your train of thought on most of your writings requires an unordinary amount of effort to track the main theme amongst the ancillary comments that you willingly provide. I would submit that brevity is not a concern of yours, rather it be up to the reader to follow the thread amongst a plethora of yarn.

I would like to draw attention to this statement of yours:
“Then a friend reminded me about the school’s sending a child home for her insisting that she was right about the untoward relationship Butler was having with a male student. I think I wrote the board members a rebuke for allowing a child to be punished by sending her home for insisting that she was telling the truth.”

At the time of the above mentioned event, I too found the HCPS’s choice of dealing with the behavior of a student talking about something the student had witnessed was wrong minded.

A frequent reader of my blogs would note that I routinely write about the “arrogance with ignorance “and “abuse of authority” of the HCPS. I believe that the issue of the student being sent home for the behavior of talking about a real event incorporates both of my charges against the system.

This is the post that I made at the time the above incident happened: We Are Playing Those Mind Games.

What they did to this student is the same that they did to you as far as shutting down your right to free speech. The mindset of this District is to shut down criticism first and foremost, regardless of the degree of truth.

“They “ would rather kill the messenger than deal with the message.

Richard L. Hancock

Anonymous said...

I am a voter in Candy Olson's district, and I hope she is going to respond to the comments on your blog. She owes it to the members of her district. If she does not respond, it means she does not care to explain herself to voters.

Anonymous said...

While she's at it, she should also respond to the rumors circulating around schools that her husband bilked malpractice victims out of millions of dollars in compensation by taking it all himself supposedly back when he was a lawyer.

Anonymous said...

Lee - a quick item.

Carol Kurdell, the living, breathing rubber stamp, has plastered the county with tacky roadside signs - the ones that stand on two metal wires.

Of course, these signs are illegal by county code. So who's going to call her out on her the-laws-don't-apply-to-me horsesh*t? *wink*

Anonymous said...

Lee,
You are exactly right. People hate you for asking inconvenient questions. They want to flit around doing all sorts of mischief and unethical things and then when you ask them about it, they are aghast and act like you are rude, when they are the ones who are awlful.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Candy Olson's shenanigans, she is friends with Cindy Coney who is the health consultant who received approx. $58,000 from the district to help create programs for students and teachers to be healthy. Well, there were already people doing those things. This was in the papers in the 2007-2008 school year. Here's the thing. She goes around making public presentations and getting credit while doing none of the work. She goes around telling people what Hillsborough Schools are doing for people's health, but she's not actually doing anything. Candy Olson basically found a cushy job for a friend of hers. Totally unethical. If you live in South Tampa, do not vote for Candy Olson next time she is up for reelection.